Mostly Useless Thoughts on Stuff that Interests Me...

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

365 Songs: Day 3

I've met people who viewed this band as some kind of "Lesser Nirvana*" that felt that somehow, they weren't really part of the "true" Seattle grunge era. They are of course entitled to their opinions, but I'll never trust their views on anything music-related.

Anyway, here they are in their salad days, performing a cover of Neil Young's Rockin in the Free World at the 1992 Pinkpop Festival in Landgraaf, Holland (or the Netherlands if you prefer...that always confused me).

* Count my lovely Bride among that first group. I've since shown her the error of her ways.

2 comments:

CKY said...

K says that Perl Jam drags Vedder down. I know she says it just to get my goat now. It still does. Now Neil Young and PJ...that's like spark and tinder. Sadly the later PJ albums were a bit flat but there were still gems in there.

When you were referring to an 'also-ran' reference I thought it was going to be Stone Temple Pilots. I'd actually like to hear more Screaming Trees. KH had that one.

pburba said...

ST's Dollar Bill will definitely be making an appearance on this list.