Mostly Useless Thoughts on Stuff that Interests Me...

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Project 29er: Nearing the end of Fed Ex fun


The end of the frequent visits from Brown Santa and the FedEx man are coming to an end. A few final items arrived today. Now we are waiting on the big stuff, the wheels and the frame. Wheels should ship out today and the frame sometime this month.

Originally I had planned on using my old black Salsa seatpost clamp and rear skewer, but color accessorizing madness got the better of me.


I am reusing these 959s, I love these pedals, and they last forever. In the 15 or so years I've been using clipless pedals I've really only used two sets, these and some 747s, which are now on my road bike. Not sure what it takes to kill them, but it would probably kill me too.


Same as my old bike. If it ain't broke...


I see a pattern here...I was going to reuse my Avid Juicy 7s, but a good deal on Avid Elixir CRs (185mm front/160mm rear) at Speedgoat caught my eye and the bonus white-black-red color scheme sealed the deal. Plus I want to have enough parts left over from my old bike for next winter's diversion: Project Singlespeed

No comments: