Mostly Useless Thoughts on Stuff that Interests Me...

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

100 Days of Stupid: Day 16


The weekday rut of mountain running continues...

When people ask me what I do (outside of work) I say I'm a mountain biker. Even during ski season I say that. But the chart doesn't lie. I'm clearly a trail runner (or mountain runner if you care about the difference). Worse, in a given year I know I road ride more hours than I ride off-road. But I'm still a mountain biker; given the choice and the time, it's what I'd prefer to do. And unlike running and road cycling of any type, mountain biking never feels like work (outside a race anyway). It's simply fun.

So why don't I have more fun?

1 comment:

Carol Gove said...

Because you can't unfortunately mountain bike up pack on your lunch hour. :)