Mostly Useless Thoughts on Stuff that Interests Me...

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Office

Ah, the home office. I dream of sun streaming in tall windows, dark wood paneled walls, and shelves stuffed with exotic leather-bound tomes.

Alas, the reality falls quite a bit short of the dream. My home office is stuffed in a windowless "slot" off of my bedroom. To make matters worse I've been lax on cleaning it for the past year and the mess situation became so dire that I had to vault over my chair to sit down as there was not room to even pull the chair out.

This morning I finally got down to business and cleaned it up:


Now it is relatively hygenic, but remains ridiculously small. And that chair! I got it for free out of an old office where I was helping my father-in-law with some electric work, unsurprisingly, the people there were quite eager to see it go. All the padding is packed out so sitting on it is quite uncomfortable, though a Klingon might find it acceptable. Fortunately some of the adjustments still work, allowing one to chose between three settings: "Crippling", "Painful", and "Debilitating".

ptb

No comments: