Mostly Useless Thoughts on Stuff that Interests Me...

Thursday, May 13, 2010

365 Songs: Day 21

Disclaimer: I'm lame and not posting every day, so this is going to take more than a year. You get what you pay for.

The Lovely Hope Sandoval.
I don't think she had much trouble getting dates.

I've never been sure what to call Mazzy Star. Wikipedia lists no fewer than 9 genres for them. My favorite is "shoegaze". Why don't we just call them "good"?



Artist: Mazzy Star
Song: Five String Serenade
Album: So Tonight That I Might See (1993)

I could have picked almost any song off this album, I love the whole thing and always listen to it in its entirety. I did resist picking the much better known Fade Into You, which is what passes for a hit for this band, but really you can't go wrong with any of it. It's all just so damn trippy, dreamy, peaceful, etc..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"365 Songs" ... I don't recall a claim that your intention was to post one a day for a year. Sounds to me like erroneous assumptions on the part of your readers. Heh.