Mostly Useless Thoughts on Stuff that Interests Me...

Monday, October 19, 2009

Failure


Well, it's over. The 100 Days of stupid came to an end on the 60th day, last Friday.

I was feeling a bit under the weather Friday and didn't run during lunch. Worse, I had to help a friend move from Concord to Bennington that night. "No problem" I thought, "I'll get on the trainer when I got home". But by the time the move was complete I was feeling really awful -- a mini Key Lime pie provided as payment for the move, while tasty, was causing me world class stomach distress. When I got home I knew this lark had come to an end. I felt so miserable I wasn't even upset about it, I was just happy to go to bed.

So now I wonder if I should try to finish out the next 37 days (most likely), *restart* the 100 days (very unlikely), or move onto to something new, like PX90 or getting back into Ashtanga (less likely). With the snow flying early this year and my Crotched Mountain season passes maybe I can can come up with a ski-related challenge...

3 comments:

cvnerew said...

Holy crap! Sorry about the tummy distress and the Ky Lime Pie. Eeks! I think you'd like P90X--if you are truly considering it.

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, you (especially) don't *need* to do 100 days straight of anything. Even P90X isn't that rigorous. It gives you one day out of seven to rest or do their stretching routine. I did it for three weeks, and I loved the increased strength (upper body in particular), and increased flexibility (the yoga is great). But I did find muscle tone slipping in other areas (more specific to women), so I went back to pilates before I lost what I'd gained there (along with stopping to get a long time shoulder issue fixed). My plan is to mix in some P90X with my routine. I have done *a lot* of exercise classes over the years, and have to say that I am impressed with his instruction.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen anything about this stuff? The science behind it is pretty cool ...
http://www.aralifestyle.com/Article.aspx?ArticleId=2346&UserFeedGuid=cdf79da1-6017-4c09-a75f-b181c34a416e&ComboId=6883