Mostly Useless Thoughts on Stuff that Interests Me...

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Others

Blogspot regulars have probably noticed the "Next Blog" link at the top of the page. It takes you to (as best I can determine) a completely random blogspot blog. I click on this occasionally and most of the time it takes me to something I'm not much interested in. Rarely I'll find something that I will read a post or two of. Almost always I forget about what I've read as soon as I close my browser.

Hardly a ringing endorsement I know, but I still like following that link because it takes me from something that is so self-centered and inward looking (my own blog) and suddenly thrusts you into someone else's world. Those worlds may be funny, frightening, sad, pointless, etc., but almost always they are created with passion. It might not be a passion I can share, but usually it's something I can empathize with.

Today when I followed that link I came across someone's story that held my attention for many posts. It's a story that's sad in many ways, but it's told in a compelling voice, and there is strength and inspiration in it. The writing isn't half bad at times either (though I'm hardly one to judge that).

Anyhow, If you have some time check it out.

ptb

No comments: